Operations management is a process that focuses on the efficient and effective use of resources to achieve desired outcomes.
Operations can be divided into five core functions: planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and monitoring. To know more about building operations management, you can navigate this website- https://tunefacilities.com/Building-Support-Operations/.
Image source: Google
Each of these functions must be performed effectively to ensure the success of an organization. A good operations manager will understand the needs of each department and create a system that enables everyone to work together as a team.
Building operations management is the umbrella term for all activities that are necessary to support and sustain the building in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. In order to effectively manage an organization’s buildings, organizations must first understand what BOM consists of and how it works.
Here are some key principles of effective building operations management:
1. Establish clear goals and objectives for your building. Setting measurable goals will help you track your progress and ensure that your objectives are being achieved.
2. Create a plan of action. Knowing what needs to be done in order to maintain and improve the efficiency of your building is essential. Create a work schedule and allocate resources accordingly.
3. Communicate frequently and effectively with all involved parties. Keeping everyone informed will help ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal, and avoid any clashes or misunderstandings.
4. Regularly assess the status of the building and make necessary repairs or adjustments as needed. Maintaining a clean, organized environment requires ongoing effort, so it's important to stay on top of repairs and maintenance tasks.
5. Keep records of all activities performed in the building in an easily accessible manner. This will help you identify operations, support problems early on, and correct them before they become major headaches.