add share buttonsSoftshare button powered by web designing, website development company in India
Skip to content

Common Requirements To Obtain License By Public Adjuster

A public adjuster is an adjuster in the insurance industry. They are hired by policyholders to help them file a claim with their insurance company. They protect policyholders' rights. They will usually accept a portion of the claim payout as their fee. 

Although many policyholders file claims themselves, it is better to work with a public adjuster if there is any doubt about the claim or if it is complex. Springfield public adjusters at AllCity adjusting has been rated #1 in Springfield and they can help you by providing a licensed public adjuster for recovery of the maximum claim from your insurance policy

Decatur Public Adjuster - AllCity Adjusting Experts Rated #1 In Decatur, IL

The public adjuster will examine the claim. The claim will be documented by the public adjuster who will package it for the insurance company. The adjuster will highlight key points that could be used to support a claim denial or dispute. The adjuster can negotiate with the insurance company for the best possible payout if the payout isn't what it should be.

You must be licensed before you can become a public adjuster. The requirements to be licensed can vary in different places. Common requirements include being at least 18 years old and passing a criminal background check. 

The written public adjuster exam must be passed with a minimum of eighty percent. However, the state's passing score may vary. Before you can obtain your license, you will need to pay a licensing fee and an application fee. 

You may be required to have some experience in adjusting first-party claims. A licensed adjuster may require you to supervise you for a specified period of time, or provide proof of employment.

Some states require their adjusters to continue their education. Their licenses could be revoked if they don't follow the state's laws. Many licenses for public adjusters expire after 24 months, but it can take up to two years depending on where you live.